ISWAN is proud to have won the 2022 Crew Welfare Organisation Award at SAFETY4SEA’s inaugural Crew Welfare Virtual Awards.
SAFETY4SEA announced the winners of its awards on Tuesday 21st
June, recognising industry’s tanker operators, dry bulk operators, organisations, service provides, managers and individuals that demonstrated leadership and embraced outstanding practices towards crew welfare.
The International Seafarers’ Welfare and Assistance Network (ISWAN) received the 2022 Crew Welfare Organisation Award for helping numerous seafarers globally during the COVID-19 breakdown, providing humanitarian support to them and their families through its Regional Programme, SeafarerHelp, relief funds and Social Interaction Matters (SIM) Project. Other shortlisted nominees for this category were: Australian Mariners Welfare Society, Maritime Association of Ship Owners, Ship Managers and Agents (MASSA), Sailors’ Society and The Mission to Seafarers.
Accepting the award, ISWAN’s Chief Executive Simon Grainge said:
‘It is hard to imagine how tough life has been for seafarers in recent years, while now they are dealing with a situation in Ukraine. However, ISWAN’s work is far from finished; we will continue to provide seafarers with support through our helplines and crisis funds, as well as through our advocacy and campaigns for as long as they need it, because without them, the world supply chains will collapse.’
ISWAN would like to congratulate the other winners announced at the virtual ceremony:
- Prime Marine Management Inc. – 2022 Crew Welfare Tanker Operator Award
- Oldendorff Carriers – 2022 Crew Welfare Dry Bulk Operator Award
- OSM Maritime Services, Inc. – 2022 Crew Welfare Management Award
- WellAtSea – 2022 Crew Welfare Service Provider Award
- Maritime SheEO – 2022 Crew Welfare Diversity & Inclusion Award
- Doris Magsaysay-Ho, President and CEO, Magsaysay Group of Companies – 2022 Crew Welfare Personality Award
- Gerardo A. Borromeo, Vice-Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, PTC Holdings Corporation – 2022 Crew Welfare Leadership Award