For Filipino seafarers who have tested positive for COVID-19
In response to the overwhelming number of seafarers needing assistance due to testing positive for COVID-19, ISWAN is launching a grants programme in the Philippines funded by the Seafarers International Relief Fund (SIRF) and in partnership with The Seafarers' Charity. This project aims to assist 100 Filipino seafarers by alleviating their costs of hospitalisation, medicines and supplements, and other financial troubles brought about by the virus.
- Active Filipino seafarer with SIRB and Passport. Last signed off vessel should be 1 Jan 2020 or later
- Report showing COVID+ result such as RT-PCR test or antigen test
- There is no health insurance available to cover such hospitalisation costs
- There is no other source available to look after such costs
- The claim can be entertained only for novel coronavirus (COVID-19) infection cases
Additional Qualifications for COVID + MEDICAL TREATMENT (Category 1-4):
Seafarer has undertaken treatment at home or was hospitalised for treatment:
- Category 1-2*: prescriptions, photos
- Category 3-4*: hospital bills, receipts, expenses in treatment, photos, etc.
Additional Qualifications for Death Due to COVID-19:
Death certificate clearly stating that death of seafarer is due to COVID or related complication(s).
*Allocation of grant ranging from GBP 150 - 1,500 depending on case severity
Please complete the online application form and e-mail your supporting documents to ISWAN's Coordinator in the Philippines, Aiza Bautista, at firstname.lastname@example.org.